Opening Bottles & Jars
- Before opening, tap the side of the lid on a bench
- Release the vacuum seal from a new jar with a Jar Key before opening
- Use a non-slip mat or damp dishcloth to help you grip the lid
- Other jar and bottle openers are available to assist
- Bottles or U.H.T. milk/juice packaging can be easier to open than cartons
Watch video: Demonstrates one handed jar opening using non-slip mat on the table and in the crook of the elbow.
What our Members say “The vacuum seal on jars can be broken by tapping the lid firmly against the edge of the kitchen bench. The jar can then be held with arm against body while functional hand removes the lid.”